Object Detail


Originally used inside lens at Kinnaird Lighthouse to provide a warning light for shipping from Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, this 1902 lamp was later replaced by electric lamp in 1978. Made and patented by Chance Brothers, who invented and made lamps and rotating optics for lighthouses.
Collection Type
Date Made
1902
Period
Dimensions
h 420mm (h 1' 4 9/16")
190mm (7 1/2")
Property Information
Accession No
KH004

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.