Object Detail


Scale model of the Bell Rock Lighthouse, late 1800s, displayed at Trinity House, Leith. The Corporation of Shipowners and Shipmasters of Trinity House played a key role in the maintenance of lighthouses such as the Isle of May in the Firth of Forth. Following the foundation of the Northern Lighthouse Board in 1786, they continued to give practical support for this cause, providing Robert Stevenson with a lightship while the Bell Rock Lighthouse was being built between 1807 and 1811.
Collection Type
Date Made
19th Century
Period
Dimensions
512mm
500 x 260mm (1' 7 11/16" x 10 1/4")
Property Information
Accession No
TRH335

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.