Object Detail


William Trotter (b.1772 d.1833), a leading Edinburgh furniture maker was commissioned to make six hall chairs soon after Trinity House was rebuilt in 1816. The backs of theses chairs are painted with the circular badge and motto of Trinity House ‘PERVIA VIRTVTI SYDERA TERRA MARE’ surrounded by a hand caved rope and anchor design. The chairs were purchased from William Trotter & Sons for £15 15 shillings.
Collection Type
Date Made
1817
Period
Dimensions
h 882mm (h 2' 10 3/4")
w 480mm (w 1' 6 7/8")
d 470mm (d 1' 6 1/2")
Property Information
Accession No
TRH054

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.