Object Detail


Rounded top of a cross-slab found when the old church at Meigle, Angus, was destroyed in 1869. On one side is a single panel, containing typical Pictish symbols; the double disc, Z-shaped rod, mirror and comb. The other side are the arms of a cross, ornamented with a diagonal key-pattern with a man in a crouching position. On display at Meigle Museum, Angus.
Collection Type
Date Made
8th Century-10th Century
Dimensions
550 x 525mm
Property Information
Accession No
MEIG007

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.