Object Detail


The Northern Lighthouse Board operated a succession of tender ships named Pharos for maintaining and inspecting lighthouses around Scotland's coast. This paddle steamer, the forth Pharos, was built by William Fairbairn & Son, London in 1846 and was based at Leith. It is shown near The Bell Rock Lighthouse, built by Robert Stevenson between 1806 and 1807. The Corporation of Trinity House were responsible for the lights in the Forth before the Northern Lighthouse Board was established in 1786.
Collection Type
Maker
Date Made
19th Century
Dimensions
510 x 760mm
692 x 955 x 20mm
Property Information
Accession No
TRH021

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.