Object Detail


Window featuring Jamieson family crest with motto 'AD LITTORA TENDIT' and inscription 'THE GIFT OF WILLIAM JOHN AND JAMES JAMIESON 1861'. From a series of windows made for Glasgow Cathedral by the Royal Bavarian Stained Glass Works, Munich, in the 1860s. The Munich glass was removed in mid-20th century. Over 2000 fragments are now preserved in the cathedral’s upper gallery.
This piece of stained glass is from a series of windows made for Glasgow Cathedral by the Royal Bavarian Stained Glass Works, Munich, in the 1860s. The Munich glass, as it is commonly known as, was removed in the mid-20th Century to better preserve it. Over 2000 fragments of glass are now preserved in the Cathedral’s Upper Gallery.
Collection Type
Date Made
1860s
Dimensions
w 59.5mm (w 2 5/16")
h 93mm (h 3 11/16")
Property Information
Accession No
PL0623

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.