Object Detail


Window panel featuring Stirling family crest with inscription: 'THE GIFT OF WILLIAM STIRLING OF KEIR AD 1861'. Associated with the Parable of the Good Samaritan window. From a series of windows made for Glasgow Cathedral by the Royal Bavarian Stained Glass Works, Munich, in the 1860s. The Munich glass was removed in mid-20th century. Over 2000 fragments are now preserved in the cathedral’s upper gallery.
Collection Type
Date Made
1860s
Dimensions
w 80mm (w 3 1/8")
h 90mm (h 3 9/16")
Property Information
Accession No
PL0334

Object Type

 Share