Object Detail


Window panel featuring family crest with motto 'VIRTUS SE[...] E [...]RIDIS' and dedication inscription [...]ROBERT / [...]DM 1851 / […]STON'. From a series of windows made for Glasgow Cathedral by the Royal Bavarian Stained Glass Works, Munich, in the 1860s. The Munich glass was removed in mid-20th century. Over 2000 fragments are now preserved in the cathedral’s upper gallery.
Collection Type
Date Made
1860s
Dimensions
w 69.5mm (w 2 3/4")
h 91mm (h 3 9/16")
Property Information
Accession No
PL0154

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.