Object Detail


A new carriage was designed for Mons Meg in November 1926. Still in use today, it replaced an early metal carriage made soon after this famous medieval bombard was returned to Edinburgh Castle by George IV in 1829. Watercolour and ink, signed J Wilson Paterson, Edinburgh, November 1926.
Date Made
1926
Dimensions
h 247mm (h 9 3/4")
l 395mm (l 15 9/16")
Property Information
Accession No
E1743

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.