Object Detail


Between 1908 and 1913 and again in the 1920s Duff House was used as a country house hotel. The building was converted into an exclusive hotel for wealthy customers who were attracted by the seaside location, the new golf course which had recently opened behind the House and the very grand Royal connections associated with the House. Later, in the 1920s when Banff was promoting itself as An Ideal Holiday Resort the Duff House Hotel was advertised as being The Sportsman's Paradise with access to golf, tennis, trout and salmon fishing and shooting. A Menu which has survived from that period, dated 13 August 1926, shows a visit from the London & Scottish Bowlers who dined on fried fillets of plaice, a selection of cold meats and a dessert of fruit salad, stewed prunes, custard and jelly.
Date Made
Circa 1910
Dimensions
l 202mm (l 7 15/16")
w 251mm (w 9 7/8")
Property Information
Accession No
DH1997.25.6

Object Type

 Share