Object Detail


A large water powered turbine was constructed below Stanley Mills in 1921. Harnessing the powerful outflow of the River Tay this was used to generate hydro-electricity for the mill and the village of Stanley. It was abandoned in 1965 due to high maintenance costs.
Date Made
1921
Period
Dimensions
147 x 107 x 23mm
138 x 94 x 2mm
Property Information
Accession No
E347

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.