Object Detail


Thomas Brown rebuilt Trinity House in 1816 as the new headquarters of the Corporation of Shipowners and Shipmasters, Leith. This colour engraving captures it in the mid 1800s when the Kirkgate was a busy thoroughfare long before its neighbouring buildings were demolished and the street was pedestrianised.
Collection Type
Period
Dimensions
w 479mm (w 1' 6 7/8")
l 308mm (l 12 1/8")
d 26mm (d 1")
Property Information
Accession No
TRH479

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.