Object Detail


The artist has shown Dumbarton Rock from the south bank of the Clyde. Painted in the 1850s, it captures a time when the river was an important trade route for sail and steamships and when glass kilns dominated the Dumbarton skyline. The Governor’s House and battlements are shown on the lower part of Dumbarton Rock. Unknown artist, after Horatio McCulloch (b.1805 d.1867).
Collection Type
Date Made
Circa 1850
Dimensions
955 x 745 x 90mm
565 x 773mm
749 x 954mm
Property Information
Accession No
DUM373

Object Type

 Share

 Comments


Be the first to comment.