Object Detail


The Bridge of Alvah is a well-known landmark and view point in Duff House grounds, Morayshire. It was constructed by James Duff, 2nd Earl Fife, in 1772 to link his land on either side of the Deveron. Oil on canvas, mid 19th century, by Arthur Perigal (1816-1884).
Collection Type
Date Made
1840-1884
Dimensions
h 750mm (h 2' 5 1/2")
w 1200mm (w 3' 11 1/4")
d 85mm (d 3 3/8")
h 750mm (h 2' 5 1/2")
w 990mm (w 3' 3")
Property Information
Accession No
DUFF018

Object Type

 Share