A large tomb slab, probably a mural monument, with a central tablet flanked by circular columns, and a quartered shield of arms, bearing three stars (Innes) in the first and fourth quarters, and three boar's heads (Aberchirder?) in the second and third quarters, impaling a chevron between three boar's heads (Elphinstone). Above the shield is a helmet, mantling and foliage, with a dog's head above, and surmounting the whole is a scroll, the inscrption of which is now illegible, but has been given as [KEIP] TRAIST. The shield is supported by a collared dog on the left hand side, and a figure carrying a club on the right. The initials RI and EE are carved above and below the shield respectively.The stone was recorded as lying against the east wall of the south transept in 1900.
Late 16th Century
864 x 1141 x 170mm